Saturday, March 01, 2008

a good day...

so we (David & I) spent the day up in Salt Lake City for the Thomas Jefferson Education Forum. We had to get up at 5 this morning, get the kids down to my sister's at 6:30, and be up in SLC by 7:40 to check in. The kids had been a bit feverish (Noodle yesterday & Spud during the night) so we were a little worried about them, but really didn't want to have to miss this. I'm so grateful it worked out, and even more grateful for the generosity of my sister & her family, and also my wonderful friend Debra, who popped in to let the doggies out for a potty break and to stretch their legs. (Thanks again!) The forum lectures I attended were fantastic! It was really what I needed to help figure out what the most important things are for the kids' educations at this stage in life. Hopefully I'll have a chance to blog some more about the philosophies and thoughts. But it was a really really great day, and my head is full of great ideas. I love that!

No comments: