Saturday, April 19, 2008

'tis the season


Slurpee Season, that is! Today, in the midst of our family outings and errands, we stopped at 7-11 and partook of the inaugural Slurpee of the year. I have to admit, as I stood at the Slurpee counter and looked undecidedly over the eight flavors, I felt a twinge of excitement flutter up from my stomach. Oh yes! Give me sweet, sugary (or not, depending on your flavor of choice), syrupy goodness, complete with a straw-spoon! What better way to enjoy a warm day! My flavors of choice were Coca-cola, pina colada and wild cherry, alternated in attractive layers of red, white and brown. Okay, so the brown doesn't make for the loveliest Slurpee rainbow, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. To round out our "lunch," we got a bag of Cheetos.

I would make a lousy health food purist. And I'm okay with that.

2 comments:

Blue said...

yum! what a brilliant tradition! we're going to have to implement that one. i typically get a slurpy about once a year...on july 11th (7/11) when they're free all day. i take bunchNgator and let them have at it! it's a student-budget minded celebration that i'm totally onboard with.

Native Minnow said...

I hadn't had a slurpee in years. Then The Simpson's Movie came out last summer, and they converted a 7-11 near my house into a Kwik-E-Mart. I stopped by a dozen times during the promotion. Of course, they were Squishees then, so I can probably still make my initial claim.