Saturday, April 29, 2006

You can tell it's almost my birthday...

...because the lilacs around here are in bloom! Which is great, because lilacs are one of my most favorite flowers! I could happily breathe the fragrance every day, all year long.

A couple of times David has candied lilacs (the flowers are edible!) and put them on my birthday cake. And did I mention that he makes some killer cakes? DELICIOUS!

His family has started referring to my birthday as “Seis de Mindy” since it directly follows Cinco de Mayo. (Did I spell seis right? I know Spanish is a phonetic language, but that’s not really helping me here....anyone? Anyone? Bueller?)

And, silly though it may seem to many, I love my birthday. Even if noone really acknowledges it or I don’t do much to celebrate it, I still love it. Partly because I know that warmer weather is HERE! Only once in my life has it snowed (where I’ve been) the week of my birthday. I am a springtime baby all the way through. I love spring and everything about it. Which is why I get so grumpy when living in Utah Valley corrupts “true” spring. In “true” (aka MY definition of) spring, rain is allowed, but NO SNOW!!!

No comments: