Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Just "being tend"

That's how Noodle says that she is just pretending. I love it so I haven't even tried to teach her the right way. I figure she will learn soon enough and I'll miss how we used to "be tend". Especially since she says the vast majority of her words correctly. When she was turning 2, we took her to the zoo and loved to have her say "Elfanet" for elephant. The mispronounced words are just so darn cute, you almost hate to see them learn the correct way. Her first word for piano was "pellum". Later when we tried to teach her the real word, she'd say "pe-pellum".

Spud has been learning new words recently, too. On Sunday at church we were looking at the pictures of Jesus on the walls and after I pointed and said "Jesus" a couple of times he started it with "Zhe-sus". He also learned "Mine" in the past few days, and has put together the phrase, "No. Mine!" I guess this is likely to be the case with any non-oldest child. And he's added "Ah done!" to his repertoire, complete with hand motions. I taught him the hand motions first so he could let me know if he wanted more (which he can sign for) or if he was all done. Sign language really does come in handy with toddlers.

Anyways, here is a pic I thought was fun of Noodle "being tend" she was a princess with her silk cape on. Or maybe she was a superhero. She was likely both in a span of fifteen minutes.

1 comment:

Native Minnow said...

I know what you mean. It's sooo cute to hear them mispronounce words. Last time I had my kids my brother in law took us flying in a single engine plane. We had to go in two groups though, so my youngest and I couldn't go at first. He was so excited about it that he came running up to me and said "Dad, I wanna fwy a pwane. Pweeease." It was so cute.