Saturday, April 22, 2006

IT'S SPRING!!






And today actually felt like it. A friend and I went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. My camera worked great for the first while, then started acting up again. I was able to get some of the pictures off, though. Flowers must be the easiest things in the world to photograph--great color, and they don't blink or move!



I read a quote in a book I was skimming at the camera shop that was, essentially, that learning to see through a camera actually teaches you to see. I am finding that very true. I am much more aware of the world around me now that I've spent some time "training" my photographer's eye. I've always thought the world was a beautiful and amazing place, but now I notice so much more and appreciate it that much more deeply.

1 comment:

Native Minnow said...

I concur!

It's amazing how things will open up your eyes to a whole new world. When I took aquatic entomology I was never able to look at any body of water the same, even if it was just some little puddle in the middle of a field I ended up wondering what bugs might be found there.

The same thing is happening now with my geomorphology class. Landforms are more interesting now than I ever thought they could be.

And yes, I'm a dork!