Friday, April 14, 2006

Easter Candy

I like candy. I’m what we call in this house a “sugarbob,” or, full name, “Sugarbob Funkypants.”
But, I do not like ALL candy, and all Easter candy is not created equal.

Good Easter Candy
1. Hershey’s Candy Coated Eggs (hard to find sometimes, in a light blue bag)
2. Peeps!
3. Chocolate covered marshmallow anything
4. Jelly Beans, especially fun ones like Jolly Rancher or Starburst, but plain ol’ jelly beans are good, too
5. Peanut Butter Eggs, by Reeses
6. Robin Eggs (the Easter Whopper)


Not So Good Easter Candy
1. Hollow chocolate bunnies.
2. Those cadbury mini eggs (not the filled ones) that are chocolate and have some chocolate outer covering
3. Spice jelly beans


For the record, I am not a big fan of “regular” candy that gets rewrapped for the holidays. I may make an exception for M&Ms, but little Butterfingers, PB cups, Snickers etc in pastel colors just don’t meet my cutoff for TRUE Easter Candy. I’m also disturbed at how Peeps have branched out to other holidays. I still only buy them at Easter. Which reminds me....I need to pull out my Peeps tee shirt!

2 comments:

Native Minnow said...

Agree to disagree on this one. Cadbury mini eggs are the best candy ever created (you were talking about the ones that are solid chocolate with a some kind of a sugar coating for a shell, right?)

mindy said...

Okay, so I had one today from a woman at church, and while I don't think they get my vote for "best candy ever created," I don't think they truly merit being on my "Not So Good" list. The one today tasted nothing like chalky soap, which is how I remember them. Maybe my taste buds have matured? Or maybe I just got a bad batch before.