Friday, August 01, 2008

spud



So little Spud is growing up so fast. He's 3 1/2 now, but looks nearly five. Every day he is saying things that show he comprehends things beyond what we would expect from a 3 year old. Of course, he still throws the occasional three year old tantrum and all those other less fun things, but I just watch him and am amazed at what he can do. I think three is a fun age because they start exhibiting a lot more of their own personalities, not just reflected behaviors/attitudes. Traits that you see glimpses of during toddlerhood are fully manifest now.

Spud loves cars, and Legos and Tinker Toys. Lately anytime he needs a name for himself (in a role playing game with Noodle or other friends) or for his toys, the name is "Transformer Max." He builds little Lego creations and calls them transformers. The other day, we turned on the music and he said, "Say you can't wait to see the most awesome dancer." We obliged, and he hid in the sofa and then slowly came out for his grand appearance. Then he proceeds to jump and jive like a junior breakdancer.

I did a trial run the other day of our "School Pictures for Homeschoolers," and when I saw the picture of Spud I couldn't believe how old he looks. What happened to his baby chub? I guess it's to be expected, but it feels so sudden in some ways.
(He's making a kind of funny face, but I thought it captured some of his current personality.)

2 comments:

Sydney said...

Hey Mindy, it's been a long time since I've dropped by your blog. Congrats on baby #3, the new job, the new photography business and 2 cute kids!

I'd love to know more about the online/work at home job you've been trying to get. Will you email me? thecondieclan at gmail dot com

Native Minnow said...

They grow up fast. It's good that you're enjoying it while it's happening. My three are all way too old: Tortellini starts high school, Togers starts Junior High, and Mr M starts kindergarten this year. How's that for growing up too fast?