Monday, May 22, 2006

Whew! I'm back.

Last week was a full one. My good friend Libby got married last Tuesday, so I spent the day in Salt Lake for that. It was a beautiful wedding, and lots of fun to see her and her family. I took lots of photos and shadowed the photographer for a bit. Then the kids and I drove to St George on Wednesday to visit my sister and her family and stayed until Friday afternoon. It was a nice break from our typical routine, and David was able to work ridiculously long hours without me at home wanting him to come home. We're really hoping that he only has a few more weeks of this crazy schedule, and that it will then start paying off.

On Saturday, David took Noodle to her T-ball class, and I put Spud in the jogging stroller and went running, for the first time in a LONG time. I did pretty well, I think. Ran about two miles, then alternated walking fast & running on the way back. But after I got back, I was sitting at the table talking with David, and there were flickering lights in my peripheral vision of my left eye. It was kind of worrisome, but went away after about 20 minutes. We though it might just be due to the exertion of not having done any running in a while, but then I remembered that I'd worn my too tight sunglasses because I hadn't been able to find my others. I won't make that mistake again.

Then I ran errands with both kids, then came home and washed the car and vacuumed the interior. It looked SO good. Yesterday, however, the neighbor's sprinklers were overshooting the lawn by about 15 feet and got my car all water splashed. Grrrr!! I was so annoyed, and I'm still a bit annoyed, come to think of it. Our parking spot is under a carport, next to the shed of storage units, and the water shot over the shed and landed exactly on our car.

I'll be going through my recent pictures and will be posting some here during the week.

No comments: