Monday, May 08, 2006

Is this supposed to be informative??

So, my compact flash cards were shipped April 30th, and the expected arrival date was May 9th. (Which I think is the SLOWEST shipping known to man...I've called it mule train, but now I'm thinking it's even slower...) I checked the tracking info tonight and this is what it says:

Track your package
Date Time Location Event Details
May 02, 2006 --- US Carrier notified to pick up package
Apr 30, 2006 08:50:00 PM HEBRON KY US Arrival Scan


So, uh, I'm really happy to see that my package is somewhere in the US, and that some carrier was notified to pick it up SIX DAYS AGO!?! What the hell? I'm thinking if they'd have made more entries, they'd read like this:

Date Time Location Event Details
May 04, 2006 Does it matter Earth Package spotted on small sailing vessel
May 06, 2006 Lightyears away Galaxy Difficult to pinpoint without use of the Hubble

I guess this is what happens when you don't pay for fast shipping. You get unbelievably slow shipping, and no idea where the package is. David and I decided they must have EXTRA large stickers that they put on these types of packages that say, "Just sit on this one for a while." It could easily fit in the truck, but the driver sees the sticker and says, "Oh, well, that'll teach 'em to not pay for expedited shipping!" as he tosses it back into the sorting bin.

No comments: