Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Impatient

We finally realized that my camera's compactflash card (memory card) was irreparably damaged, so we ordered two 1GB cards at the end of last week. According to Amazon, they won't come until the 9th, but I'm really hoping they arrive sooner than that. I'm going into serious photo withdrawal. And all the flowers everywhere aren't helping! Aargh! I DO have a tiny memory card that holds 16 high quality images (or 100+ crappy ones) but I just have a hard time getting excited about taking only 16 pictures. I really should just deal with it, because I really want to be taking pictures now. A neighbor was out with her Canon Rebel yesterday, and I was pining away for my MUCH better Nikon D70. (Just kidding..I'm not a camera snob, I'm just glad I have the D70.)

Spud is dying to go play outside, so I think I will take my tiny card and shoot a few pix. For now, here's a little flower.


2 comments:

Native Minnow said...

Isn't it crazy how addicting photography can be? I've been wanting to break my camera out and go take a bunch of pics of flowers, but have been too busy trying to finish up the semester.

mindy said...

I'm glad to know I'm not alone. Seriously, it feels like my fingers and eyes are just itching to be on my camera. Today I just had my 16 photo card, and I was taking shots (and deleting them) and wishing I could just fire away. Oh, I have to blog about my new lens! Probably next week when I have the memory cards and can actually get some good shots.