Monday, May 01, 2006

My Rats

I thought I’d introduce my four rats. Two more boys will be joining us (hopefully!) in June and I’m working on picking out names for them.

All of my rats have been named after places, mostly cities. My current boys are
Berkeley (as in California) -- Dumbo eared b&w berkshire rat w/ headspot
Marco (Italy) -- Dumbo eared b&w capped, head marking in the shape of Italy
Finny (Ireland) -- Black Irish marked rat
Loki (I can’t remember right now...though Loki is also the name of a Norse god who likes to do mischief) -- white rex rat with black headspots

Berkeley & Marco are brothers, as are Finny & Loki.

My six rats that I’ve had that have crossed the “Rainbow Bridge” were:

Frisco (short for San Franciso, CA, although there is a Frisco, Colorado, I believe)
Zanzibar (island off the coast of Tanzania)
Taj (short for Tajahi, an African or maybe Indian city)
Cobar (African city)
Turbo (Central American)
Moshi (city on the island of Zanzibar)

No comments: