Saturday, May 06, 2006

Hippo Birdie to me!




In honor of me, and my mother who gave birth to all 9 lbs 12 oz, 21 inches of me, I thought I'd share some pix from my babyhood. I was three months old and as bald as a ping-pong ball. I was a happy little baby, but mom always said she thought at least some of that could be attributed to the fact that someone was always holding me. I had (and still have) five older siblings, the next youngests are 6 and 7 years older than me, so I guess I am a true youngest. And as a baby, I likely had all the attention any infant could want. Even still, 28 years later, my siblings like to rib me about being the indulged baby. But one of the perks of being the baby is that you don't have to care. You feel like you deserve everything you get, just on the basis of your sheer wonderfulness. ;o) Luckily I married an oldest who is a fantastic big brother sort, so he's perfectly happy to lavish attention on me like I feel I deserve.



This picture is in honor of Noodle starting T-ball. She has her first practice today. It's actually "Smart Start Baseball/Softball," where the kids learn the basics of T-ball so they'll be ready to actually play on a team next year. A parent attends each session with them and helps practice and learn the skills. It seems like a neat concept, I think, so we'll see how it goes. I'd love to go along and watch, but my niece is getting baptized tomorrow so I'm going to take Spud along with me to that. I can catch her next week, and by then I'll have my new memory cards so I can take lots of pictures of her and her team, "The Lions". (Oh, in case it isn't obvious, this is me about age 7, in my T-ball uniform. I played T-ball for 4 years, I think, and baseball for one.)

No comments: