Wednesday, February 06, 2008

maybe...



We have been in touch with Utah Friends of Basset Hounds about this super cutie named Rudy. He's 2 years old. Here's his "bio":

I'm a sweet energetic eager-to-please boy! I love pig hooves, fetch, walking, running, and lots of play! I am great with kids and other dogs. I am very small compared to other basset hounds, but I might fill out with time. I would do best in an active home preferably with other dogs, kids, or both! I am crate trained and would thrive in a home that would maintain this practice. (If left uncrated when alone, I will make up games to play with all your stuff! I'm creative that way!) I am full of love and would be a great addition to any active family! Can I enjoy my second puppyhood with you?



We're having our "home check" this weekend to see if we are a suitable basset family, and then we'll get to meet him and see if he'd be a good fit for us. I think he's beautiful, and I do like that he is on the smaller side for a basset hound. They can get to be quite large. David's family had a basset hound named Nestle for a long time. She died a couple years ago. My brother has a basset hound named "di-oh-gee," who is about 6 1/2 years old. Unfortunately they aren't "house dog" people, so their basset lives in the backyard.

5 comments:

andrea said...

Cute!
My parents have a basset hound named george. They tease him with the rhyme georgie porgie puddin and pie... so he just gets called porge most of the time.

Debra said...

He really is cute. Hope the check goes OK. Is there a limit to how many pets you can have in one home? You could open your own petting zoo!

mindy said...

Our city allows two dogs and two cats. They don't really have any other pet regulations, except if you start bringing in farm animals. But have you heard of "teacup pigs"? ::swoon:: Google them. I might do a blog post on them soon. And we've considered getting a couple laying hens sometime, but we'll see.

Debra said...

Oh . . . my . . . gosh. Those may be the CUTEST things I have ever seen! You should totally get one so I can come over and play with it. Will you consider a goat too? Then we could borrow it in the summer to cut our grass.

mindy said...

Agreed. Very very cute. But I think you are supposed to get at least two, so they can snuggle.

A goat, huh? I like goats. But they do have freaky eyes.