Wednesday, July 11, 2007

So much fun!

I took Noodle, Spud & Curlylocks (the 3 year old girl we babysit) up the canyon today for a picnic. I'm amazed at how much little kids will eat when you make it fun for them! Curlylocks ate four sandwich quarters without even stopping for a drink! Usually it's like pulling teeth to get her to eat ANYthing! After lunch, we went over to the river and happily it was a really shallow area, so they could wade around quite freely, as long as their feet could stand the cold snowmelt-fed river. We moved a couple of wood pallets over there, and they used them as their "docks," which made it easier to hop in and out of the water. Near the end, Curlylocks spotted a little snake, so I grabbed it and we had fun playing with it for 20 minutes before letting it continue on its merry way. It was really a fun time, and I think I'll make a point to go up there more often. And it was at least 10 degrees cooler than down here, so that was an additional plus.

I forgot to pack my camera, though, so no photos this time.

No comments: