Saturday, July 21, 2007

Got it!

After dinner last night, then to the movies to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, we headed to Borders to await the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I purchased my copy at precisely 1:06 a.m. I read the first chapter in the car, another after we returned, and have read a couple more chapters so far this morning. I'm sure I'd get through it much faster if I didn't have pets/kids/bodily functions. In spite of my desire to know what happens, I'm sad to be reading the final installment. It's not too frequently that something comes around that grabs as many people as Harry Potter has. And last night at the book release I saw the woman who gave me the first book seven years ago, and I was hooked. I thanked her for introducing me to Harry, and she said she thinks she must have given that book to just about everyone she knows.

I'm being careful to avoid any spoilers, but I figure my blog is a safe place.

No comments: