Tuesday, July 31, 2007

happy day!

David came home from TN today! He flew out Thursday morning (early!) and the reason I didn't mention this earlier is because I was afraid some crazy stalker would find out and harass me while he was gone. Not very likely, I'm sure, considering I think there are maybe 6 people who read my blog, but I tend to get a bit paranoid when he's gone. Last night Daisy barked at what I'm pretty sure was nothing outside and it sent me into a door-locking frenzy. Which was good, as I needed to lock the doors anyways, but I hate that panicky "Who's there?" feeling.

So I just spent some time reading my dear friend and former college roommate Andrea's blog, and it made me really happy to read all about her and her cute family. But it also made me aware that something is missing from my own mothering, and I hope I can find a way of recapturing that. Andrea is one of the funnest people I know, and honestly, I used to be the other most fun person that I know. But I don't feel much like that same person anymore. I think Ive let some of the stresses of life get me down, and I don't know how to shake it sometimes. There is so much joy to be had and shared with those we love, but sometimes it feels so elusive. It's definitely something to think about and work on.

1 comment:

andrea said...

Mindy,
Thank-you so much. That is such a complement. I have to say I did notice a change in you on our last visit. I missed the old you.
We have had a lot of really stressful things going on lately in our family. I feel like we bring these situations on ourselves because we aren't grateful enough for what we have. Since then we have been trying so hard to permeate our family with gratitude for everything. It has helped tremendously. We have started a new bedtime tradition. Before family prayers each of us takes a turn and lists as many things we can possibly think of that we are grateful for that day. And as a result our prayers are much more grateful. And our last family home evenings have been on gratitude in different forms and not complaining. Also, each morning after my run I walk through a graveyard and out loud I thank Heavenly Father for everything. It has really helped me. Sometimes I get kind of emotional. I have so much to be grateful for, even amidst a trial. I know you can find it too. You have such beautiful children, and live in a great house with a cool trampoline! :) oh, and David's not bad either. :)
love ya!
drea