Wednesday, July 18, 2007

At the River



The kids invented this game called "Skating" while we were at the river on Monday and certainly seemed to enjoy it! My appreciation of the beauty around here has been renewed lately. I think it was sparked by having friends come from around the country as I tried to think of ways to showcase my "hometown" in 2 1/2 days. As much as I never thought I'd want to call this place home, I'd only planned to get educated and get out, I can't deny that I find it to be among the beautiful places where I've spent time. I remember coming to visit older siblings as a child and being absolutely amazed at the closeness and the starkness of the mountains. I was used to seeing mountains in the distance from my home in Idaho, but nothing like this. I guess like everything that you have everyday, you too often take it for granted.

No comments: