Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Put the book down and step away...

A day after finishing book 7 of Harry Potter, I picked up New Moon, the second book in the Twilight series, by Stephenie Meyer, which I finished last night. While I don't think they are quite as engaging as the HP books, they are enjoyable. Who doesn't love a bit of vampire fiction? But in reading over 1,000 pages since last Friday, I've realized that a good book is like a drug for me. I'd rather read it than anything else. Which means that the house looks like several small tornadoes hit and my sleep schedule is way off. Gratefully, I don't have anything else as engaging to read until Meyer's next book Eclipse comes out in a couple of weeks. Maybe I can catch up on the rest of my life in the meantime.

1 comment:

Karen said...

hi mindy! i saw your comment on my blog. it's fun to read yours and see what you're up to! i just finished HP last night, and cried my way through the 2nd half as well. i'm so sad to be done with it! but i thought it was perfect...
now i'm waiting for "twilight"--i just heard about it out here.
good books are my therapy. if i can escape and read for a little while, everything's OK! i remember finishing jane eyre on the u-bahn, crying my eyes out with all the Wieners staring at me :o) anyway, good to hear from you! keep in touch...