Monday, September 24, 2007

somthing to smile about

My three favorite shows premiere this week. HOUSE is tomorrow, followed by Ugly Betty & Smallville on Thursday. We watched a few episodes of The Office this summer in reruns, since everyone and their dog seems to list it as one of their favorites, and while it was funny, I didn't love it. Plus it's on Thursday nights, at 7 I think, and we are already scrambling to record/watch Smallville & Ugly Betty, which are unfortunately on at exactly the same time. And I think I've become so accustomed to the hour-long format, that a half hour show doesn't seem to go anywhere (but I still love Simpsons, which isn't supposed to go anywhere). I also watched 30 Rock, which had some good funny, but again, not enough to knock anything else out of the lineup.

However, I do have a complaint about the season finales of each of my shows: either a character was killed/near death, or fired and not supposed to return by the end of the finale. I'm sure that has afflicted my subconscious all summer long, having such unresolved fictitious stress to deal with.

3 comments:

Karen said...

You're a Smallville junkie too???? I didn't know that anyone else still watches it. It started getting nasty a while back so we stopped watching, but we turned it on tonight while waiting for The Office to start--which I think you would like MUCH more if you watched it from the beginning. It took me a while, but now I'm hooked. I think the first 2 seasons were the best :o)
Anyway, I'm still in love with Tom Welling/aka Clark Kent, no matter how many cheesy lines they give him!!!!

mindy said...

Oh yeah, Tom Welling is sooooo dreamy!

So, it turns out that the character on Ugly Betty who was presumed dead actually did die. ::waah:: And they evilly made me think until the end of the premiere that he hadn't died. So then I lost it. Poor Santos! Poor Hilda! David said we almost had to expect it, though, being based on a Latin telenovela, though. Still, it stinks. I was sad the rest of the night.

PsychDoctor said...

Smallville is cool...
The Office is fun, but I get so anxious watching all of the faux pas that Steve Carrell does, that I feel like it might induce an anxiety attack one of these days...
Other good shows: Heroes, 24, Prison Break