Saturday, September 22, 2007

do you know the term "immunocompromised"?

That is what the doctor asked me this week at the clinic. He asked if I'd been in before, and I said, "Yes, last month."

"For what?"
"Shingles."
His jaw dropped. "How old are you?"
"Twenty-nine."
"Do you know the term immunocompromised?"
"Yes."
"Is there a reason you might be immunocompromised?"
"Well, if lots of stress will do it, then yes."

So, another run of antibiotics and I'm good for now. Did I mention that I've been ill more the last two months than I've been the last two decades of my life? (Maybe nearly three decades. I'm pretty sure I never needed two bouts of antibiotics in a 6-week time frame before.)

Anyways, the good news is that our financial stress & woes should soon be coming to an end. The money that was supposed to be coming in at the end of August will definitely be coming in this next week. And I will happily pay all of the bills, and even the late fees, so happy will I be to be able to meet our obligations.

And then, it's time to start compiling our food/emergency storage! Yippee!!

No comments: