Friday, August 10, 2007

lost kitty


Well, I guess she's a full-grown cat, but she'll always be my kitty. While we were out on Tuesday evening, Zion and a friend snuck back to our house to get her bike. They left the door to the garage and the door from the garage to the back door open. On Wednesday afternoon, after being gone late Tuesday night and all of Wednesday morning, I realized I hadn't seen the cats for a while. They frequently hole up in a cozy napping spot, so it wouldn't be unheard of to not run into them for a few hours. I checked everywhere in the house, but no cats. (Our foster cats are all shut in one of two rooms, so they were unaffected.) After a while I found Noni under the shed in the backyard, but we have yet to see any sign of Minnie. I think she was an outdoor cat in her pre-shelter life, so I'm hoping she at least has some street smarts. But I REALLY hope she comes back home to us. We miss her a lot, and Noni misses her even more. I've never seen a more bonded cat pair than the two of them. Please pray and send good thoughts that she'll find her way back to us. We have posters around the neighborhood and are taking more out tonight.

I'll probably be scarce the next several days or week as we keep hunting for her.

No comments: