Tuesday, August 21, 2007

away....

The kiddos, the fluffhound and I are up at my parents' home in Idaho. David thought we should take a "vacation" so he could work a lot this week. He has a big deadline at work September 1st, and he feels bad about neglecting us when we're there, so we left! We drove up yesterday and arrived about dinnertime. It's a big step for my mom to allow the fluffer in her house. She is NOT an animal person. Actually, she can appreciate animals. Outside, and from a distance. She did think the baby quail that were hatching at the Fair today were very cute, though. I think a lot of it is the idea of having to care for the animals, as well as the mess potential. And while I'm sure she would prefer not to have our fluffy "kid" here, she's so nice and gracious about it that you wouldn't know it even bothered her. I'm pretty lucky to have my parents. I love them.

No comments: