Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid

We watched this old movie (1969) starring Paul Newman & Robert Redford tonight. I think it’s a timeless classic, and a fun one to watch. The other day we watched the 1967 one with Redford, “Barefoot in the Park”. That is a great one, too.

I have this book of "Thumbs Up Movies" the Orem Library put out a couple of years ago that lists all the Best Picture winners and nominees. I think it'd be fun to make an effort to watch a lot of them, as I enjoy old movies anyways, so I might as well be watching the presumedly best of them. If only there were a similar ranking of foreign movies. I LOVE good foreign flicks. Maybe I'll have to start a weekly recommendation of them here, for any other foreign flick fans who might perchance happen upon this blog. (What are the chances?)

But for now, go get Butch Cassidy & the SK, and be weirded out as I always am about how similar young Robert Redford and Brad Pitt are. Yup. Never fails to weird me out. Pitt looks like a younger, slightly taller clone. Bizarr-O!

No comments: