Monday, February 22, 2010

i am not in college anymore

Staying up all night kills me. I tried to sleep, but it didn't happen. I think my body rejected the notion of sleep because it knew that even if I did fall asleep, Sprout would wake me up before I got asleep enough for it to do any good. The little guy has been congested for 3 months. I took him to the doctor at the beginning of the month and he didn't find anything wrong with him. I pushed, saying that something HAS to be wrong, because the boy can't breathe out of his nose and hadn't been able to for the last 2 months. Doctor said, "Maybe it's allergies. Try some benadryl at night. If that clears it up, it's an allergy." It didn't clear it up at all. So I'm thinking it's not an allergy. I have an appointment for him with an Otolaryngologist on Thursday. Then at least we'll know if there is some sort of issue or swelling or whatever somewhere that is preventing him from breathing normally. Since Thanksgiving, I've had maybe 2 decent nights of sleep. Before that, Sprout was not a super sleeper by any means, but he would go a few hours at a time most nights. Now his snuffiness keeps him waking about every 45 minutes, at best.

So tired.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Marc and I stayed up until 3am on Friday putting together an entertainment center and we were exhausted the next day. We decided we were no longer young enough to do such things!

Virginia said...

Sorry to hear about lack of sleep and sick kid. :(

I've been reading your blog for awhile and thought I should say hi, instead of just lurking.

What a beautiful family you have! My husband and I are just starting to try to build our family.

Here's hoping Sprout feels better soon.

Virginia
muchprayerandfaith.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mindy said...

Katie, for sure! I think it's different if there are no little ones acting as morning alarm clocks!

Virginia, thank you for commenting! It is so nice to "meet" you. I hope I'll read comments from you in the future. :o)