Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Family



So this is my family. We are missing a niece and a nephew, but for some unknown reason there are an extra guy (about my missing nephew's age) and some random girl (about my niece's age). I'm really not sure why they joined the picture. So the number is right even if the faces aren't!

It was pretty cool, though, as it is the most of us we've had together in a LOOONG time. We had Leif's blessing at church in the morning and then my nephew Spencer's mission farewell after that. My nephew Jason just got back from his mission (to Philadelphia) in February, my brother Eric's family just moved back to Idaho from Belgium in March, and Spencer went in to the Missionary Training Center (MTC) today (he'll be going to southern France) and another nephew and possibly a niece will be heading out on missions this summer, so we won't all be together again for at least two years.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Even though I only recognize a handful of those faces, I love what that picture represents. Isn't it great to know you have so many people to care about who also care about you and who are rooting for your success in life generally. And that doesn't include your friends too! Families are great. I guess that's why Heavenly Father bases everything on them.

mindy said...

I think you summed it up nicely. I was really overwhelmed with feelings of gratitude and love these weekend. We like to tell the kids that when they grow up, they'll be so grateful to have each other as siblings are friends who you'll have your whole life (hopefully!). I know they don't totally buy that yet, but I hope it at least gives them something to think about.