Friday, January 04, 2008

sweet kid...

So over the holidays, David's sister Jenn was visiting us one evening. I'd gone out with another sister of his shopping, so Jenn, David & the kids sat down to a spaghetti dinner. The kids enjoyed the meal even more that usual and Noodle said, "Dad, this spaghetti is really good." She added, for Jenn's benefit, "My dad makes great food! He's a really good cook!" Then she paused and said, "And my mom makes great Tang!"

The sweet part is that she was legitimately excited and supportive of her mom and her mad Tang-making skills.

4 comments:

Stephen said...

It is amazing what kids are impressed by and what they are not. Reminds me of a kid who was visiting, who did not like the rather elaborate meal my wife had prepared for some other guests and who my daughter consoled:

"don't worry, she makes killer Ramen noodles too, we can have some later if you don't like this."

Kirbell said...

I love Orange Tang! I had to go out and buy some I read this entry. Did you know it has as many vitamins as fruit juice but half the sugar?

mindy said...

I didn't know that! But right before I sat down to the computer just now I made some Tang for lunch and I noticed on the package that it said, "1/2 the sugar of fruit juice." I was surprised by that. I like it, too. And I especially like my vintage Tang pitcher to make it in. I got one off of eBay, it eventually broke, then I ordered a set of two. Now I'm down to my last one, so I hope I don't break this one!

T.C. said...

HILARIOUS! I absolutely love your blog. I've been reading the last couple of entries, because I haven't read in awhile. I just go to this one and couldn't help but laugh... Good ole' Z.