Saturday, October 06, 2007

hooray for hand-me-downs!

So all week I've been thinking, "I need to get Spud some more long pants & winter clothes." Today I was thinking it again, then remembered that I should still have a box of 4/5 clothes somewhere. I pulled it out and was delighted to see loads of cute shirts (mostly long-sleeved) and several pairs of pants. Most were given to me during Spud's first year, so they've been stored for a while, but since he's such a big guy who grows like a weed, we didn't have to wait too long to use them. So I sent the friends who gave us their little boys' hand-me-downs a thank you again. Especially as I'm really trying to be wise with our money now, and sometimes it's easier if you don't have to go shopping to look for things. If I don't go in the stores (or shop online), it's that much less likely that I'll spend money!

Now if I could just get some girls' hand-me-downs, size 6x/7.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You asked on my blog if I used filters for the fall color shots...I didn't, but I do modify them a lot in photoshop...I duplicate the original layer, use auto contrast on both, set the layer blend mode to "multiply," use curves to change how dark the image is (lighten it up some), then set the gray balance...clicking on something that looks a cyanish-gray to bump up the red a bit, then flatten the image, then sometimes bump the red and yellow saturation about 15%... Presto...a beautiful, but enhanced autumn color shot...Dr.Psycho