Monday, March 13, 2006

Photo Ops

At the end of February, I started my photography class through the local college. We have our third class this week, and I'm quite enjoying them. Every week we will vote on our favorite photos, and the 2 winners will get a free 11x14 printed at the instructor's camera shop. Last week I was one of the winners (top photo of Spud)! Then, to top of my happiness, the instructor said that my photo of my rat Finny (bottom) was his favorite of the week!






I am having a lot of fun thinking of ideas for photographs, and am truly coming to believe that the single most important part of taking a good picture is taking LOTS of pictures. You take 100 or more, and if you get lucky, one or two turn out to be something special. Then of course you only show those to others, so they think you are amazingly talented. Mostly just persistent. This is especially true when working with animals or children.

...........................

I've meant to post more frequently, but my MacJournal isn't connecting well to Blogger lately, and I don't know why not. A week and a half ago our sweet "adopted" stray kitty Nemo passed away. He had been ill, and we did our best to help him through it, but I think the illnesses were just too much and he died sometime during the morning Sunday, March 5th. David's parents were kind enough to let us bury him in their backyard. I still miss seeing him hanging around outside, and coming to our apartment twice daily to eat. He was such a wonderful cat, and Noodle sure loved him, as did I.

No comments: