Monday, February 13, 2006

St Matthew 16:25 “For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.”

I wonder how this applies to me, in my current situation as a mom. I did well this morning about getting up and immediately getting some household chores done, before getting online. I think that “losing my life for his sake” would involve doing more for my family and especially my children. We are constantly bombarded in the mom world by the idea that we need to “take time for ourselves” and I wonder if this is true. I wonder if the actual truth isn’t to more fully involve ourselves with motherhood and our children, and then we will find ourselves much more richly than before. If we are overly concerned with “taking time for ourselves” I think it is easy to become resentful of the demands of kids, but I certainly am no expert on either front.

Something to think about.

No comments: