Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Out with the old...

I can't say I'm sad to see 2005 gone. For me, the first 4 months of it were full of post-partum blues, combined with the stress of worrying how to pay the bills every month. Life has been much more pleasant since we joined the income-earning side of the population again. I think 2006 will be a good year. I hope to figure out a good routine for myself and the kids, and we'll likely be able to move to a house in the first half of the year. I was feeling kind of bummed that we aren't moving down to southern Utah (ahhh...the warmth) but in the last couple of days I've learned that a friend of mine who lives an hour north of me here is expecting a baby, and yesterday an old roommate of mine called and said they're moving out here from Tennessee! If I were moving down south, I'd miss these fun opportunities. I am sad that I won't be closer to my sister who lives down there, though. I hope that after we're able to get another car, I'll be able to go down and visit every other month or so.

Spud got his birthday pictures taken last week (he turned one on December 24th). He did such a great job, and I was pleasantly surprised. He tends to want to do his own thing, which is often diametrically opposed to what you want him to do. But we managed to get some really cute shots before he decided he'd had enough posing.




No comments: