Sunday, October 15, 2006

Thought for Today

I had to give a talk in church today, which is one of my least favorite things, but I had occasion to share a poem I wrote several years ago as it tied in with the topic I was assigned: Faith. I thought I'd share it here for Spiritual Thought Sunday, which I haven't done in a while. (I really should learn how to do cool font things here, but I have no clue how.)



Wherefore Didst Thou Doubt?

Lord I see Thee in the distance
While my ship is tossed at sea,
How I long to be in Thy Presence;
Thou proclaimest, "Come to me."

Can I leave my ship of comfort
To step out onto the sea?
Though ragged, the ship's familiar.
Surrounding it, uncertainty.

Fixing fast my gaze upon Him
I leave my safe ship far behind
I have faith in Him who called me,
He, the Savior of mankind.

Ere my faith stays strong, sustaining,
And my sight fixed on His face
I shall reach HIm, though the winds blow
And be clasped in His embrace.

(Matthew 14:24-33)

No comments: