Thursday, March 01, 2007

Kittens, 1 week old



The kittens turned one week old on Tuesday. They've both lost their little umbilical stumps and are nice & chubby.
The black & white one (top photo) is a girl, I believe. She's very adventurous, especially considering her eyes aren't open yet. She has started crawling out of the kennel and into the rest of the room. The little black/gray one is a boy, and quite content to stay in the kennel with his momma.

Minnie came down with some sort of upper respiratory infection at the end of last week, so I picked up some antibiotics from the humane society, which we started her on on Sunday. Today she finally seems like she is improving, which is quite a relief. She's a really fine mother to her two kittens. It has been neat to watch her with them.

1 comment:

fMhLisa said...

Oh! kittens! I love kittens. I want a kitten! (unfortunatly, I have this same reaction to new born babies. I'm a mess.)