Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Tidbits

So the kids and I were eating Nutella on Graham crackers and being the thinking ahead sort of mom that I am, I took Spud's shirt off so it wouldn’t get all chocolatey, and put the shirt on the back of one of the kitchen chairs. He was finishing up and I went to the bathroom. When I came back to the kitchen, there’s my little messmaker, holding his shirt with chocolatey hands. He’d obviously been handling it a bit, as there was chocolate ALL over it. So much for my efforts to cut down on mess!

-----

Spud has recently learned the phrase “Night night,” and has realized that it is a farewell. So now he’s combining his two farewells, “Night night,” and “Bye bye” into “Bite night.”

-----

We should be ready to close on the house any day now. The holdup was either the title company or the mortgage company was supposed to send paperwork to the other one and instead of the 1-2 days it should have taken, it took a week. We are thinking we can have our furniture delivered a week from Friday, and there should be enough empty rooms downstairs to store it in until we move all the way in.

-----

I’ve been dogshopping on petfinder.org. I fell in love with a sister/brother duo today, though I really don’t think we are up for two doggies. Here they are, if you want to take a gander:

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6765321
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6765372

I’d love it if we could get the girl and my in-laws, who are dog shopping too, could get the brother. But that’s probably a fair amount of wishful thinking.

------

My ten year high school reunion is this weekend. I’ve gone back and forth about attending, but finally decided I’d rather go and not enjoy it (though I think I will) than not go and wonder if I would’ve enjoyed it. Plus, the organizer sent me the RSVP list, and enough people that I know and would enjoy seeing are planning to attend, so I think it’ll be nice.

1 comment:

Native Minnow said...

Mmmmm . . . Nutella. I haven't had that for quite some time, now I'm going to have to go pick some up at the store.

I don't think I ever congratulated you guys on getting a house. That's a good step to make.