Thursday, March 23, 2006

Ben Stiller movies



We watched "Duplex" last night. It hadn't really occurred to me that it would be a "typical" Ben Stiller movie. You know, the kind where horrible things happen to him and nothing goes right? A la "Meet the Parents," "Envy," "Meet the Fockers," etc . I do generally like Ben Stiller, and I think he's funny and even kind of cute, but both David and I cringe when we see these movies. Or I should say we cringe repeatedly. And while we do laugh, too, I think we both get a little too stressed out watching horrible things happen to a nice guy like Ben. It's kind of the same way I feel whenever I've watched "America's Funniest Home Videos." I can't help but feel sorry for the people who get hit by falling branches, trip over their own feet and bash their heads on something, or get whapped in the face by a car door opening.

No comments: